0
Three things make a journey memorable for me: first, I like to discover a place as opposed to knowing where I have to go or what I have to see; econd, I love to stay in style – I have no latent backpacking desires, and third, people are important, whether it’s the ones I travel with or the ones I meet. Some of my much-loved memories are from trips on which I have stumbled upon rare finds, met great artists and craftspeople and, ndeed, absorbed so much more than just the air of a different land. 

Travel, for me, is a luxury. I consider myself supremely fortunate to have been blessed with a wonderful life, one in which I get to do what I love – fashion, art, interiors, curation – and to travel as much as I want. To me, the entire experience of travel, holistically, is nothing short of spiritual… from getting to wherever I’m going to embracing the soul of the place itself. To me, luxury really begins right from the way you travel, to the places you stay in, to how you travel locally. Luxury is also having the freedom to be myself, to not follow any ouristy norms, to not do the things you’re expected to do in a city, to do things at my own pace at my own time. One of my fondest memories
is of a trip to Krabi in Thailand; it was by private jet, which made it very special. The whole experience was about flying at your own pace, checking in through a terminal where you didn’t have to stand in queue. Rather, you got into an aircraft and kind of decided – mid-air – that you’d go to Krabi that day or land somewhere else. That whole experience of manipulating time as per your own needs was refreshing.

Indulgence, to me, is not necessarily about spending large amounts of money on something; it’s not only about eating some rare food in some high-end restaurant. To me, indulgence is being able to take off without really planning – to be able to travel on my own terms at no designated time. I could decide tomorrow that I want to take off and just leave.

Post a Comment

Dear readers, after reading the Content please ask for advice and to provide constructive feedback Please Write Relevant Comment with Polite Language.Your comments inspired me to continue blogging. Your opinion much more valuable to me. Thank you.